A Regional Economic Outlook: Darkness Before Dawn
Tuesday, 5 May 2020
3.00pm – 4.00pm SGT
This crisis is unlike others. No one is insulated. From just China and Asia, the coronavirus outbreak has spread to major economies including the United States and euro area. Necessary containment measures are adding to the economic depression. While infection rates may appear to be peaking, risk of recurrence remains. We have significantly downgraded our global growth outlook, but downside risks predominate. Financial markets have moved from a vol shock to a VAR shock and now back to a vol shock. Are we back to market normalcy or is this just a mirage? Join us for an interactive discussion on:
- Events of past weeks are unprecedented
- Albeit delayed, the West is experiencing severe consequences of a global pandemic
- Central banks are on a slashing spree and yields have dropped globally
- Governments are pledging massive fiscal support
- We assess the global fundamental outlook and macro strategy and zoom in on ASEAN and Malaysia, which has weathered the impact for longer
– Registration –
Registration is limited to 150 participants, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note that registration is now closed.