FOUNDER’S MENTALITY: Micro-battles and the Journey to Scale Insurgency
Wednesday, 22 January 2020
5.45PM – 8.00PM
Fairview International School
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS THE “SECRET SAUCE” that makes businesses successful at thriving in complexity? In the new era of doing business, why leading family businesses need to behave like ‘Scale Insurgents’ – compete with both scale and speed?
Join the Conversation with our 3 Speakers and learn why Founders and the next generation need to understand scale insurgency and why the need to rediscover the art of business building through Micro-battles – “the discrete, time-boxed initiatives that rapidly bring strategic choices to action and formulate ways to scale the results”.
You will learn the potent way to break through complexity and to transform your organization’s behaviors – shifting the mindset from control to trust. Micro-battles build the family business’ capabilities, and shape its culture to think and act like a scale insurgent.
5.45pm Arrival & Registration with light refreshments
6.30pm Conversation with 3 Speakers
Q & A
8.00pm End of Event
REDISCOVER THE FOUNDER’S MENTALITY – understand how to lead your business to gain the benefits of scale; while successfully navigating the complexity that comes from it.
REDISCOVER THE ART OF BUSINESS BUILDING – nurturing scaling capabilities in your business through micro-battles approach to create “mini-founder” experiences.
SHIFT YOUR LEADERSHIP MINDSET – role model the behaviors of a scale insurgent and lead the change you want to see.
• Lead our Founders mentality, and Full Potential Transformation practices in Southeast Asia and broader APAC across several sectors
• >20 years consulting experience across Asia and Europe, specializing in transformation and change management
• Published more than 30 Bain Insights on Founder’s Mentality and Micro-Battles, a few of the most recent being “Micro-battles and the Journey to Scale Insurgency” , “Managing the Micro-battles Portfolio“, “Founder’s Mentality Case Studies“, “Founder’s Mentality Diagnostic Toolkit
Managing Partner, Bain & Company, Kuala Lumpur
• Managing Partner of Bain Malaysia and SEA head of Performance Improvement Practice
• 20 years consulting mainly spent in South East Asia, working across energy industry, chemicals, automotive, agri business, consumer goods, private equity & manufacturing industries
• His perspectives on business in Southeast Asia have been quoted and published in The Jakarta Post, Bangkok Post and The Edge in Malaysia and Singapore
• Holds an MBA from INSEAD and an M.Sc. in industrial engineering
Principal, Bain & Company, Kuala Lumpur
• 15 years of consulting and industry experience serving clients in Southeast Asia, Europe and Africa on multiple topics including corporate strategy, operating model and performance improvement
• Prior to Bain, served Shell and BP in KL and London across various roles from software development to commodity trading
• Notable projects include supporting MY GLCs to start-up ‘engine #2’ businesses e.g. utility entering telco, Digital Marketplace
• BEng in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Imperial College London
• MSc in Finance, Imperial College Business School